Coastal Nordic Ski Club (CNSC) was founded in 1997 with the goal of developing, supporting and promoting cross-country skiing and related activities in the greater Portland, Maine area. CNCS is a community-based Nordic ski club committed to meeting the needs of a wide range of skiers - including youths, juniors, seniors and masters.
Cross-country skiing is a life-long sport. CNSC exists to support Nordic athletes of all ages and introduce new skiers to the joys of this wonderful outdoor winter sport.
In its short history, CNSC has developed a range of events, programs and training facilities which support recreational skiers and racers throughout the area.
CNSC is a registered BKYSL club, NENSA club and AXCS club: all of which provide club members with additional affiliated opportunities and discounts.
Benefits available to all club members:
- 10 km of superbly groomed skiing at the Twin Brook Recreation Area; now groomed with a CNSC-purchased Piston Bully 130 groomer.
- Snow-making at Twin Brook to ensure a reliable skiing surface, even when there’s no natural snow be found.
- A Bill Koch Youth Ski League (BKYSL) youth skiing program
- Junior racing programs leading all the way up to the Junior Olympics.
- CNSC also hosts the annual NENSA New England Roller Ski Championships held in November on the roads of Cumberland, Maine.
- Opportunities to enjoy year-round outdoor training and Nordic related exercises with other club members.
- Opportunity to volunteer and coach Nordic skiing
- Club discounts at Boulder Nordic East in Portland; one of the only New England ski shops providing both flex test and stonegrinding capabilities.