Wednesday, November 14, 2007

11/14 Update: Canada...Various


MCN Raffle:
A special Thanks is owed to Audrey Lones for organizing the annual MCN raffle that took place last night. This took a lot of effort and greatly benefits the club. Thanks Audrey!

Thursday 11/12 Practice:
I will not be able to attend the Thursday practice this week. The group is encouraged to practice as planned; I just won’t be there. There will not be any Maine Coast Nordic practices in Maine next week.

Canada:
The snow appears to be holding up well in Canada and more is on the way!! I sent you all a link that hopefully covers the specifics for the trip.

Some various things to remember:

**For the trip, please have a check made out to the Coastal Nordic Ski Club for $278.87 for the four day session and $520.51 for the full week session. If we come under this, I’ll get you a refund. I tried to be as equitable as possible in figuring out the costs. For drivers: please see the amount that you owe for the trip, I left out gas since you're driving. Coach Disclaimer!: Please keep in mind that if I missed several costs, I may ask you for more money at the end of the trip. I apologize in advance if this happens, hopefully everything is accurate.

**Print out the border crossing instructions (I attached one on the email). Have the permission slip signed and your identification ready for the crossing!

**If you plan to ski in Canada with your roller-ski poles, make sure that you remove the roller-ski tips and add snow baskets. Do bring your roller-ski tips in case we need them.

**Remove any summer wax on your skis, have them ready to ski, I would recommend any soft warm weather wax as a start

**For Saturday departures: We plan to leave Twin Brook at 7am, the hope is to travel to Quebec and ski on Saturday afternoon. If skiing Saturday PM is impossible, we may hike. Check-in time at Stoneham is 5pm

**For Wednesday departures: Please call my cell at 207-841-1320 or send me an email if you think that you will arrive in time to ski on Wednesday. The Hall party plans to ski Wednesday.

No comments: