Wednesday, November 19, 2008

**Foret Trip**Game On


It's fourth and long, with little time remaining, and we're going against the  mighty defense of Mother Nature.  Despite the lack of snow we're going to proceed with the trip to Foret as planned.  I looked at moving the location but the cost increased dramatically.  With the Sugarloaf scenario, the price more than doubled.  With the absence of snow this may not be an 'all things for all people' trip.  For some, putting factors such as school, cost, and family obligations aside for what could be a dryland camp may not be viable option.  I realize that many who originally planned on attending the trip will now be changing their plans.  I fully respect your decision, whatever it is.  Please let me know who will attend.  Parents, I will need additional help with transportation (more details will come on that when I get an accurate count.)

For those who decide to attend, bring a good attitude and a lot of flexibility.  It will be difficult to top last years trip without snow, but with the right attitude you'll have a great time and get a lot of value out of the trip.  Plan on doing a lot of hiking, roller-skiing, strength training etc. We'll have a strong sense of adventure and I sure we'll have a great time.  I have talked with other coaches and they will be attending snow or no snow.  

I will send out directions, what to bring lists, and border crossing protocol in the next day or so.  I apologize in advance for sending a lot of emails.  Call or email me with any questions.    



  

No comments: