Thursday, December 11, 2008

Week of 12/11 Update

I hope everyone is having a good week. We will practice this Sunday from 9:00-11:00 at Twinbrook. Note the location change. In the event that we get a few inches of snow, the hope is that we can get some skiing in at the fields at Twin Brook. The short grass and lack of rocks help when there are only a few inches. If there is no snow, come to Twin Brook with your classic rollerskis.

Below is a sketch of the plan for next weekend in Stowe. There is plenty of snow over there. Let me know if you have any questions.
Stowe /Trapp Family Lodge Eastern Cup December 20-21, 2008
Here is the roster that I have so far for the week. If you're not on the list and want to race, please let me know.
Roster:
Ian Moore J2
Sam Humphries J2
Nate Niles J1
Molly Susla J1
Melanie Ross J1
Adele Espy OJ
Amy Lones OJ (MCN Alum, Colby)
Saturday, December, 20: 1k classic sprint...The sprint days are often long days for athletes and spectators. If you're staying at TFL, you'll have an advantage.
8:00 am: look for me at the race site near the nordic building, indoor waxing space at the lodge is limited. I'll be outside most likely. I have a Rossignol tent. We'll start testing at this time.
For those new to Eastern Cups: MCN provides a top coat and kick wax. The skier shows up skis glide waxed. The long range forecast is for new snow conditions with a high of 30. I'm thinking that Swix LF8/HF8 or TOKO Dibloc red will be good bets.
10:00 am: interval start, all women..all men
2:00 pm: heats..the top 30 J1/OJ men and women advance, for J2's, the top 12 advance
Sunday, December, 21: 5k/10k Skate individual start
9:00 am: J2 boys J1/OJ women look for me
10:30 am: 5k J2 Boys..J2 Girls..J1/OJ women
12:00 10k J1/OJ
I'll put a wax recommendation on here as we get closer to the date.

No comments: