Monday, January 12, 2009

Week of 1/12 Update

It's great to have plenty of snow these days!  It creates a much more positive outlook.  There was a great turnout at the Pineland race yesterday.  For a race positioned as a time trial for those Not going to the Anchorage Nationals, there was a great turnout.  Sarah Abramson, her Dad Stuart, Jackson Bloch, Abby McKivor, Erik D'Agostino, Kellan Humphries, Ian Moore, Nate Niles, and Coastal Nordic board member Charlie Woodworth all took part.  It was a beautiful day and it was great to see such a great turnout skiing with the Maine Colleges.

This weekend is the Eastern Cup in Rumford.  Here is the rundown:

Saturday: Freestyle Sprint
10:30 am: all men individual start followed by all women
Top 30 J1's and the top 12 J2's advance to the heats.  
men: let's try to meet at 8:30am.  Women: let's meet at 9:15.  I'll try to snag the wax room above the start area, the same as last year.  Otherwise, I'll be in the tent area.  It looks like Start Green will be the wax that I would recommend you put on for Saturday. 

1:30pm: the heats start, for those who advance, I'll take your skis at 12:30

Sunday: Mass Start Classic
10:00 all J2 boys..meet me at 8:00
11:00 all women start..meet me at 9:00
11:30 J1 men..meet me at 9:30

I'll update things more as we  progress through the week.

Have a great rest of the week and good luck in the Pineland race on Wednesday.

No comments: