Sunday, August 16, 2009

Training schedule August 17th-23rd

Hi Team,

I want to let everyone know that the summer session is going to run through Sunday August 30th. The fall session will start up with a few Saturday or Sunday practices in the fall and get more involved as fall sports wrap up. 
I know that most of you are doing a fall sport and that pre season starts up this Monday. From what I have heard the majority of you have afternoon practice but there are some 2 a days and some morning practices only.  I have also taken a job at Yarmouth High School working with the Special Needs Kids for the school year, which is very exciting for me.  I do have training this coming Monday through Wednesday from 8am to 2pm and then next week so inservice days. On top of that I am still working as the captain of the windjammer Frances in Portland till Sunday the 30th. So things will be busy but I think we can make it work.

Here is the schedule for this week:

Monday 8/17 - Off

Tuesday 8/18 - 2:30pm-3:45pm
Skate ski at Twinbrooks out on Blanchard Rd (for the first time)!

Wednesday 8/19 - 7:00am-8:00am
Classic Ski at Twinbrooks. I will meet everyone there do some technique and then have a parent oversee the rest of the ski so I can go to my Yarmouth High School for my training.

Thursday 8/20 - 7:30-8:30am
Backbay in Portland run with leg speed. Meet at the parking lot on backbay next to Hannaford.

Friday 8/21 - 7:30-9:00am
Classic Ski at Pineland Farms. Work on technique and do some double pole strength.

Saturday 8/22 - Off

Sunday 8/23 - 9:00-10:00am
Skate Ski. Meet at Kelsey Ridge Rd off of Pleasant Hill Rd in Freeport.

I hope this works for as many of you as possible and I am sorry that it can't work perfectly for everyone. I also do want to let you skiers as well as parents know that I think you all have been doing a great job, and that I have enjoyed working with each of you this summer.

Thanks,
Jordi

No comments: