Monday, March 2, 2009

Week of 3/3 update

Another great storm! I hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend.

There is definitely a lot of great snow out there and it’s due to stay cold this week. Get out and take advantage of the great snow as much as you can. I will not hold any organized practices this week. I’m wrapping up the youth ski program tomorrow, I’ve been away for several weekends, Thanksgiving, and I’m leaving this Friday for ten days to help coach with the Junior Olympic team. My son is at the age where he’s starting to get mad at me when I leave for long periods. So, I’m really excited to be a part of the JO trip but I’m feeling a bit of guilt.

The family and I are heading back up to Camden this week and I need to do my part in getting things settled. We will have practices again after the 16th when I get back.

Sam Humphries and Adele Espy previously qualified for the Junior Olympic trip. Based on her standing as an alternate, Molly Susla will be attending the trip as well. Molly has worked really hard on her skiing and has had a great season; she will make a great contribution to the team. So when you see Molly, please congratulate her.

This past weekend I went down to the Bill Koch Ski Festival in Mass. What a haul but well worth the trip. Several local J3’s took part in the event and represented Maine skiing beautifully. Some local skiers who took part in the event were Kellan Humphries, Ian Moore, Chester Jacobs, Cater and Jackson Hall, and Thomas Sullivan. They all skied really well against some quality competition. With this being geared toward younger skiers, there were lots of other activities that included magic forests, jumps, adventure skis, and a parade. The energy associated with the event was positive and really made everyone happy that they were part of this great sport.

So have a good next couple of weeks, I’ll bring my computer on the trip and I’ll update the blog as much as I can to talk about what we’re up to.

No comments: