Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thanks!

To the Maine Coast Nordic Community: 

With remorse, I’m resigning as coach with Maine Coast Nordic.  I consider my tenure as coach a privilege. Working with kids, seeing them grow, and being part of an awesome sport has been amazing and life enhancing for me.  I have put a lot of effort into making a strong impact on the sport and I hope that it has shown. 

As a coach, I often use various phrases like push yourself, don’t create barriers for yourself, and of course, if you think you can you will.  For me, a new challenge will be running for town Select Board. It could be a disaster but I’m going to give it a try!  The Nordic culture around Penobscot Bay is dormant. I plan to put some effort into establishing some Nordic infrastructure.  The hope is that when my 18-month old becomes of age, he can have the opportunity to ski.  

I want to thank the Coastal Nordic Ski Club for taking a chance on me three years ago when they hired me. I want to thank a great group of parents for their support.  And lastly, I want to thank the kids! The positive energy brought on by the kids has been wonderful! 

A new coach will be hired which will be a great experience for everyone.  Good luck and thanks again for the support.

Regards,


Morgan

No comments: