Sunday, December 6, 2009

Winter Session 2009/2010

Hi Team,

The Winter Session will begin on Monday December 14 and run through February 22, 2010. We will have practices on Mondays because I have Bill Koch skiers on Tuesday and Thursdays and most high school races are Wednesday and Saturdays. On most Fridays I will be leaving with skiers to go to the Eastern Cups or another race. So that coaches and skiers know the Monday practices will be easy and focus on technique and race strategies. We will do them every Monday at Pineland, at 3:15PM.
We will not have practice on 12/28, 1/18(MLK Day), and 2/15(February Break).
Anyone who has done the summer or fall session is eligible for the Monday practices at no additional fee. If someone wants instruction but has not participated in the summer or fall they would be at an hourly rate and you would fit in around my commitments to the group. If a person was interested in all the Mondays and had not done MCN previously we can work something out.

The races that I will be coaching at are:
December 18-19th- Presque Isle Eastern Cup
January 16-17- Rumford Eastern Cup
January 30- Sassi Race Rumford
February 6-7- Trapp Family Lodge Eastern Cup, Stowe, VT
February 14th- Pineland Race
February 20-21- Oak Hill Eastern Cup, Hanover, NH
March 5-12- Junior Olympics Presque Isle

I will be waxing skis, giving coaching advice, and supporting Maine Coast Nordic Skiers at Eastern Cups. Skiers and parents are responsible for organizing their own food, lodging and transportation. I can give suggestions on where to stay so that everyone is together or if parents have ideas of places that is great as well. I can also help some people with rides although I don't have a big car. So no guarantees.
Our Eastern Cup fee structure is $50 per race up to two races. Over two races (there are a total of 10) the fee is a flat $300 or the difference. Checks are to be mailed to:
Maine Coast Nordic, PO Box 493, Cumberland, ME 04021.

I hope this allows people to plan ahead and decide if they would like to participate in the
winter program. As I have said in the past I think it would be great for skiers to try at least one eastern cup race to get the feel for what racing in New England is like and to see the competition out there. I also want to let you all know that I have enjoyed working with the group and helping you all in any way I can.
Please let me know if you are interested or not.

Thank you,
Jordi

No comments: