Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Time to sign up and ski!

Hi Team,

I hope I have been able to reach most of you by email over the past two weeks about getting things going. I have heard back from some people but by no means all. So if you have a minute please email me and let me know your thoughts on participating in the program. I am really trying to get an idea of the total numbers so I can get things set up on my end.

As I said in the previous blog entry  the summer payment of $400 is due in full by July 6th or you can mail a check to:

Coastal Nordic Ski Club
PO Box 493
Cumberland, ME 04021

Also I just wanted to change the training schedule a little to accommodate some people. 
The training schedule throughout the summer will be as follows:

Monday: Off
Tuesday: 5:30-7:00 PM
Wednesday: 7:00-8:30 AM
Thursday: 7:30-9:00 AM
Friday: 7:00-8:30 AM
Saturday: Off
Sunday: 8:00-10:00

The changes from the previously posted schedule are a little later on Tuesday afternoons for those that work till 5pm and a 7:30 start time on Thursday mornings. For this upcoming short week with the July 4th weekend we will train Sunday the 28th, have Monday off, then do Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday all at normal times. Friday, Saturday July 4th, Sunday and Monday will be off from group practice and then the full summer schedule starts up on Tuesday July 7th. 
I want to remind everyone that even if you can't do all the training sessions you should still sign up and join us for whatever part of it you can do. You can still get a lot out of this even if you are only able to come to practice 2 or 3 times a week. The reason being you can spend that time having fun and learning technique from me and others.  On that same note if you know you can't be there right on time or need to leave early for things let me know, we can work around that as well. Somedays we might just be doing stuff right near Twin brook and it may not be a big deal.

I am really looking forward to getting things going this Sunday June 28th. (Although I am sure you have all been training on your own already!) 
Let's plan to meet at 8:00Am at Twinbrook and bring all your roller ski stuff plus running shoes. We can look over equipment for a little and then go for a group fun run to kick things off! Parents you are more than welcome to join in.

Once again please email me and let me know your plans for attending or not.

Mainecoastnordic@gmail.com

Thanks,
Jordi

No comments: