Monday, May 3, 2010

Hi Everyone,

It seems like a while ago that I have seen many of you but it is that time of year again to get our summer training going and get ready to ski fast next winter!

I want to start by letting you all know that I had a great time working with all you skiers and parents this last year and am really excited for a great year to come. Those of you that gave feedback it has been really helpful and it has been a busy spring talking with other coaches and getting things organized for this year.

This year will be a lot of fun. We will roller ski, run, bound, ski walk, bike, and maybe even swim. The key is to have fun, get in shape and make some good friends!

The schedule below is what the summer will look like. I want to give out the schedule for the whole summer so people can make plans around it. The end times of each workout will vary due to the length and intensity of the work out, as will the location. The start times and days will be the same for the whole summer. I will plan on posting to the blog and emailing everyone about the updates to the schedule on Thursdays, this way you will all have it ahead of time.

Monday- Off
Tuesday- 7:30AM -10:00AM
Wednesday- 7:30AM - 10:00AM
Thursday- 7:30AM - 9:30AM then 5:00PM - 6:30PM
Friday- Off
Saturday- Off (Ski on your own)
Sunday- 7:30 or 8:00AM - 10:30AM

We are going to run a summer training camp for 3-4 days in July. We went to Ted Hall's place in Rangeley, ME last summer and might do that again but the times are not ideal. So if someone has a place they would like to host us at where we can get some good training in, that would be great.

Please email me and let me know if you are interested in participating in this summer. If we have large numbers I want to get someone to help me out, so the sooner you can let me know the better.
The cost is $400, which is the same as last summer. You can mail checks to:

Coastal Nordic Ski Club
PO Box 493
Cumberland, ME 04021

The program will begin Friday July 2nd and wrap up in the end of August when school starts back up. We will not have practice over July 4th weekend.
If you have any questions please email me at MaineCoastnordic@gmail.com
I look forward to hearing from you and hope you are enjoying your spring.

Thank you,
Jordi St. John

No comments: