Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Winter 2010-2011 Races and Training

Hi Team,

The MCN Winter Training Sessions will begin on Monday December 6th and run through Monday March 14th, 2011. We will have practices on Mondays because I have Bill Koch skiers on Tuesday and Thursdays and most high school races are Wednesday and Saturdays. On most Fridays I will be leaving with skiers to go to the Eastern Cups or another race. So that coaches and skiers know the Monday practices will be easy and focus on technique and race strategies. We will do them every Monday at Pineland, at 3:15PM.
We will not have practice when there is no school.
Anyone who has done the summer or fall session is eligible for the Monday practices at no additional fee. If someone wants instruction but has not participated in the summer or fall they would be at an hourly rate and you would fit in around my commitments to the group. If a person was interested in all the Mondays and had not done MCN previously we can work something out.

The races that I will be coaching at are:
December 18-19th- TD Bank Eastern Cup, Craftsbury, VT
Early January- US Senior Nationals in Rumford. (This is a big race with the top skiers. If you are interested talk with me about it).
January 29th- Sassi in Rumford, ME
January 30th- TD Bank Eastern Cup in Weston, MA
February 5-6th- TD Bank Eastern Cup, Trapp Family Lodge Eastern Cup, Stowe, VT
February 19-20- TD Bank Eastern Cup, Hanover, NH and Holderness, NH

I will be waxing skis, giving coaching advice, and supporting Maine Coast Nordic Skiers at Eastern Cups. Skiers and parents are responsible for organizing their own food, lodging and transportation. I can give suggestions on where to stay but if parents have ideas of places and want to get us all together in a place that would be great. Any volunteers for this can let me know. I can also help some people with rides although I don't have a big car. So no guarantees.
Our Eastern Cup fee structure is $50 per race up to two races. Over two races (there are a total of 10) the fee is a flat $300 or the difference. Checks are to be mailed to:

Maine Coast Nordic
PO Box 493
Cumberland, ME 04021.

I hope this allows people to plan ahead and decide if they would like to do Eastern Cup races. As I have said in the past I think it would be great for skiers to try at least one eastern cup race to get the feel for what racing in New England is like and to see the competition out there. I also want to let you all know that I have enjoyed working with the group and helping you all in any way I can.
Please email me back as soon as you can letting me know what races you would like to take part in.

Thank you,
Jordi

No comments: